Click the link below to download and print the required application for a beach fire permit.
Permits will only be issued from November 1st through February 14th. ( No exceptions )
Conditions and Restrictions for Issuance of a Campfire Permit
1. It shall be unlawful to burn rubbish, refuse or vegetative debris of any kind.
2. This permit entitles the Applicant to burn only on the date and location stated on the permit and only for the reason stated on the permit.
3. A responsible adult, of at least (21) twenty-one years of age, must be present at all times.
4. A copy of this permit shall be present at the campfire location at all times.
5. It is the responsibility of the applicant to clean the fire area of any and all fire debris and litter, making sure to restore the area back to its natural beauty.
6. A burn permit may be revoked and/ or refused at the discretion of any Sanibel Fire and/or Sanibel Police personnel due to, but not limited to; weather conditions and/or any abuse of the “conditions and restrictions”, of the issued campfire permit.
7. Failure to comply with the Fire Prevention Code, Section 1-16, set aside by the NFPA, and adopted by the Sanibel Fire and Rescue District, could result in criminal and/or civil penalties.
8. A “campfire”, shall not be any larger than (3) three feet in diameter and must be at least (30) thirty feet away from any structure or wooded area.
9. Water and/or a fire extinguisher must be present and available at all times during the scheduled, permitted burn.
10. The issuance of this campfire permit holds the person (Applicant) named on the permit responsible for any loss and/or damage that may be incurred on any persons or properties.
11. The issuance of this campfire permit shall NOT be construed, to hold the Sanibel Fire and Rescue District, in any way responsible or liable for any loss and/or damage that may be incurred on any persons or properties.
12. Any and all changes to the dates and/or locations, listed on the application; any questions and/or considers should be addressed with the Sanibel Fire and Rescue District’s Fire Marshal and/or Fire Chief, during normal business hours; which are 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, prior to the scheduled burn.
13. If for any reason the Sanibel Fire and Rescue District’s Fire Marshal, and only the Fire Marshal; cancels your “Campfire Permit”; he will submit papers for the refund of your $50.00.